How We Can Help
Griffin Alexander, P.C. is a preeminent law firm offering plenary services to condominium and community associations within New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Each state has an extensive network of laws and regulations governing all aspects of community property ownership and governance. Accordingly, it takes a reputable and experienced team of attorneys to help boards maintain strict compliance with these guidelines, as well as guide any board facing imminent conflict or litigation. For representation that you and your board can trust, be sure to contact a lawyer at Griffin Alexander, P.C. right away – we look forward to working with you!
When it comes to community and condominium association law, our team offers the full gamut of legal proficiency. For the client, this means an efficient and comprehensive approach to any legal problem – without the need to expend time, energy and board resources on additional referrals. If you are involved in governance of a community or condominium association, you can rely on Griffin Alexander, P.C. for any of the following services:
- Transition: The transfer of control from an owner/developer to a resident-run association can be difficult at times; but we have the resources to help effectuate a low-conflict changeover. Moreover, we offer extensive experience in motivating developers to move forward, as well as knowledge of the intricacies of finalizing the transition plan.
- Document Preparation: Forming an association requires the preparation of governing documents, including articles of incorporation and by-laws. Our attorneys offer these comprehensive services, as well as guidance concerning proper provisions for well-drafted by-laws and regulations.
- Advice: Serving on a community association board necessitates an understanding of fiduciary duties and compliance with state laws. At Griffin Alexander, P.C., we can provide boards with guidance on all legal issues as they arise, as well as preventative measures to employ in order to avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Litigation: In some cases, litigation cannot be avoided. In the event unavoidable conflict occurs – either within the board, between the board and residents, or within the resident group itself – our team can assist with filing, motion practice, discovery, negotiating a settlement or taking the matter to trial.
- Collections: Associations large and small, find it extremely difficult to keep up with past due balances and defaulted accounts. As part of our representation, we can offer assistance with the collection of annual dues, maintenance fees and the like.
Our law firm is not only dedicated to maintaining an awareness of the various municipal, state and federal regulations directly impacting community associations and boards, but we are also knowledgeable of the various other laws that may ultimately be of relevance to board governance. For instance, our practice is regularly involved in matters of real estate, ADA compliance, land use, local municipal laws and landlord/tenant law. With this diversified practice portfolio, you can rest assured our team has the answers and advice necessary to properly guide your board in the face of any legal issue.
Contact Griffin Alexander, P.C. Today!
If you are involved in a community or condominium association in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, please do not hesitate to contact Griffin Alexander, P.C. for comprehensive, client-driven representation today!